videos worth watching


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday, April 24

We came home from our meeting last night with the Wathans and found some cookies on our doorstep from the Ledbetters in our complex. They were yummy!!

This morning we headed for the Cornells. We had a good visit with them and taught them the second lesson. He is finally starting to ask questions about how our religion fits in with the Jewish people. They only use the first five books of the Old Testament. We found that interesting. We have given him a Book of Mormon and he has his Jewish Bible with only those books. He also requested a Doctrine and Covenants. We are going to let them try and find one. She has LDS relatives and I think they could get them one.

Leon does a very good job in teaching them and is careful that he asks about his belief before he presents a principle. I am so inexperienced that I just plunge in to the subjects. I am learning to slow down and let them absorb things. Today I tried to feed him to much too fast and my companion tried to slow me down. My impatience showed, both with Bob and with myself. They are going to come to church on Sunday unless something comes up. He is becoming a little more resistant. Leon says everyone does it differently according to how quickly they are willing to listen to the spirit. We will see.

We dropped off some brownies to an inactive family that also live out in Barry, on the way home.
The mother is the only one that is baptized. She says, "I can only be baptized once, so why don't the missionaries leave us alone. " (That is what she told us about the last missionaries.) We will keep trying to get to know them better.

This afternoon we took an old rocking chair over to Lee Murray whom we met at the Genealogical Society Meeting. We bought it at a member's garage sale last week for $3.00. She will fix it and sell it for quite a bit more. She and her husband are retired and just work at it full time. They were appreciative. But it gave us a reason to make contact with them again. They are such nice people even though we haven't talked about the Gospel with them.

Tonight we are getting ready to go to District Meeting tomorrow with our Mission President, who is leaving next week, in Dallas. We tried to see several people today, but they were all gone or busy.

4 comments:

Alyson said...

You guys sure make it look easy

Jenn said...

Hey! You might want to change the title on your blog, unless it was on purpose....(wrong month). :)

Sounds as if you two are rolling along.

princesshaibell said...

hey, according to moms post, today is Laura and Aubree's birthday. Happy Birthday! :-)

Love you mom. Proud of you guys.

grandma w. said...

I was just reliving April, sometimes I get behind. :o)