It is so great being missionaries!! We get all the advantages. I can think of a whole lot right now! The biggest one is that the spirit is always there for us if we are doing the things we need to do. The Second one is that we get to teach people the Gospel and see their lives change. The third one is that we get to have a missionary companion that never changes and we get to do everything together. I could go on and on because I see more every day. We love serving the Lord full time.
Last night about 9 p.m. we went for a walk for about 3/4 mile to the park across the street and over the bridge where there were fisherman fishing and kind of around the loop. We decided we need to get more exercise, so we are going to try and do it regularly. It really did make me feel better.
Today we didn't do much. We went to the Dillions to meet with them. We didn't know they were planning lunch for us too. They have been less active since we have been here, but they definitely do not consider themselves that. They say they have just been busy. Anyway we had a great visit. She fixed us home made french fries, fresh salad, Chili Hamburger, (Leon didn't eat any,) fresh melon of all kinds, and a pancake dessert. She was laughing about it because the cake went flat when she baked it, but it was delicious. They said they had not gone to this branch too much in the last while, because of the things that had been going on. I guess there was a lot of competition socially and they lost some members because of it.
The Dillions are a retired couple with four children who live around here. They were converted in the 70's and spend a lot of time serving others. She has had cancer and says it has been cured by changing her diet to fruits and vegetables. They are really neat people with a great heart and concern for others. They sent us home with a Texas size watermelon. I hope we can fit the left overs in the refrigerator!
We did talk about the Gospel. We reminded them of the blessing sheet that I had made as a hand out on Sunday. We told them to find the blessing that they would like and look up the scripture to find out what they needed to do for it. She said, "Oh, I think I would always like the spirit to be with me." I thought that was a great one. When we talk about that handout, it is always a conversation starter and ender. It takes us right to the spirit and makes us ponder.
We came home and called people. We talked to Wendy Wathan about Julie. Her Dad also was in the Dallas Hospital today. He was having surgery for Gallstones, even though he has already had his Gallbladder removed. We also talked to the Vega family. They were in Alabama for the national baseball for their 12 year old son. I believe he pitches for them. Anyway we needed to deliver these Family Home Evening manuals to them. They are written in Spanish and English. They are coming home tomorrow or the next day.
Tomorrow we have a district meeting in Duncanville. It is a long ways for us to drive, and then we will go the church tomorrow evening and work with the members of the branch. Just got a reminder call from the District Leader. Leon has to give the talk!! (That means I don't have to.)
artistic smiles dentistry appleton
-
Artistic Smiles Dentistry 3825 East Calumet Street Suite 600. Artistic
Smiles Dentistry Dentist OfficeIn Appleton WI Within 1640mile 3825 E
Calumet St.
...
3 years ago




2 comments:
You should go for a walk as often as you can. Great exercise and it will help you to appreciate the miracle of your physical body. (see the Visiting Teaching Message-July)
Make sure you are taking good care of each other and drinking lots of water, too. :)
Just some advice from a loving daughter who is taking her own advice. :)
Way to go, Jen. I'm proud of you.
Post a Comment