Today we had a horrible experience!!! After district meeting we went out to teach Julie Wathen a lesson. When we got there, the whole family gather including the Grandfather and Grandmother. We have never met the Grandfather. He was kind of a "Biker Dude", as Leon calls him. Long hair, yellow and missing teeth and an attitude to go with it!! He was very loud and in charge. It was so disfunctional.
Anyway in the wake of everything, it was impossible to teach Julie a lesson. Even after the opening prayer, they just all kept talking through it all. I could hardly hear Julie as she read the book that I had made. There was a lot about authority today and I wanted her to understand it. It's really difficult because she can't hear and says the words a little differently. The bottom line is that the grandfather just talked and they all laughed and joked and there was no quiet nor peace nor spirit to come to our meeting. I left the book with her mother to go over it with her, We were so disappointed.
As we left, the Grandfather said," I don't go to church any more. No until someone tells me why God tells me why he let them shoot my son. That is if there is a God." We already have an appointment to meet with them on Thursday night alone, just he and his wife. We are going to have to be very prayerful about what Heavenly Father wants them to know.
As we left, we passed the other daughter who was out on the porch having a cigarette. We will just wait for the spirit to teach us.
Today was also District meeting. One of the Elders shared the story of one of his conversions with us about a fellow who wanted to get baptized, but he worked at Walmart and they wouldn't give him any Sundays off. By accident they became acquainted with the new manager at Walmart and he had just baptized in the church. They asked him if he had any control over schedules. He told them he could basically do anything he wanted to do. Needless to say, that fellow got Sundays off from then on. It was a answer to prayer for them.
We also went to Ladies Night Out tonight at the church. We talked a lot about food storage. It was very motivating for me. Sister Sears gave us some order forms to pass out to members as we go into their homes to order from the cannery in Dallas. She is such a neat lady. We also got two appointments with two members. Sister Young has a husband who is not a member and Sister Mary Wanda Lane and her husband are not coming out at all. That will be good. We also have a whole bunch to visit from our list.
we were also suppose to meet with RD Richardson and Alisha Stamper, across the hall, but he came over and told us that he didn't get his part of the house cleaned, so he re-scheduled for Thursday night. It's okay because we are tired tonight anyway.
artistic smiles dentistry appleton
-
Artistic Smiles Dentistry 3825 East Calumet Street Suite 600. Artistic
Smiles Dentistry Dentist OfficeIn Appleton WI Within 1640mile 3825 E
Calumet St.
...
3 years ago




6 comments:
Sounds like it was a chaotic day.
I was finally able to get on here! What a treat!! You guys sound like you are doing so well - what awesome missionaries - what a blessing you are for the people of Corsicana. I am just thrilled to read all of your wonderful experiences. Even though you still have hard times, you are turning them into positive things by listening to the Spirit. I am so proud of you two!!
I love you!! Wendy
Mom, just keep your chin up. The adversary will do everything he can to bring down both the people you are teaching and you. You can only control one side of that, and you have to trust in the spirit to control the other side. This work will roll forward!!
We Love You and pray for you guys!
Jon
I'm sorry you had a bad day! But if anyone can turn it around, you guys can. Just charm them with your sparkling personalities and your loaves of bread! :) And the Spirit, of course. :)
Laura
You can and will overcome...especially with the Lord's help. You guys are doing so great. I bet you'll find out that what you thought was originally an awful experience will be one of the greatest ones. It happened for a reason, that's for sure. We love you.
By the way, I love what you've done with the place. :)
I'm not sure which place you mean. Do you mean this site? It really looks nice, huh?! Alyson is the care taker and she has done all of this. Thanks for your encouragement everyone. Mom
Post a Comment