It is P Day again and we haven't been doing very much. Right now Elder Whiting is asleep and I am just trying to catch up on a few things. The washer is going and I cleaned the bathroom. I am glad to have that much done. We have been spending some time meditating about what we need to present to the Jonte family for family home evening tonight. How can we help them best discover how they can come unto Christ? They are a great family with challenges with which when they overcome them, life will be easier. They are from different cultures and he is a convert. Our goal is to them discover what they can do, and enjoy them at the same time.
Today Leon has already washed the car, changed the oil, made phone calls and just kept busy. I am a lazy bum cause I have been been sitting around. However I am growing into becoming an less unlazy person as the day goes by. We have fun together and share in many chores. We haven't talked about who is going to do the vacuuming. We'll see.
Yesterday was fast Sunday. We had a good crowd for the Corsicana ward even though many regular people were not there. We had our missionary meeting early and then went to PEC.
Nothing big was going on. No one noticed that the church had been cleaned, but we did!!!! We were grateful for the opportunity to serve our Heavenly Father!! It was great to see the clean windows, carpets, and benches.
The Cornells made it to church, Julie, and other inactives whom we had visited. Julie and Angelina always give us a huge hug!!! Sometimes several of them! We also had several visitors, that was nice. We are starting to feel like we are a part of things and belong here. A great, spiritual testimony meeting. It was good to feel the spirit in Sacrament Meeting. Elder Whiting and I talked and decided that just one of us would give a testimony. I was the one. But when it came time, I turned to him and told him he could do it. He just ignored me, and eventually I got the courage to go up.
Holly was not there, we found out later that she had found out about a death and decided not to come. Her Inlaws were there. We haven't suceeded in reaching her as yet to set our weekly appointment with her. We will wait until later in the week.
artistic smiles dentistry appleton
-
Artistic Smiles Dentistry 3825 East Calumet Street Suite 600. Artistic
Smiles Dentistry Dentist OfficeIn Appleton WI Within 1640mile 3825 E
Calumet St.
...
3 years ago




3 comments:
I'm glad you had a good Sunday and P-day! I am sure you weren't a lazy bum, because you never have been before. Hey, does your car have to pass inspection or do you get a pass because it's your own car? Just curious. We won the clean car award a couple times. We waxed it and everything. :) Have a nice day!
hA! hA! I can just see you waxing your car as missionaries. No, we don't get inspected and we don't get a prize for keeping it clean. Thank you for your comment.
I got your message on Sunday at 10:00 p.m. We were in Emmett.
I haven't called because I am always worried that I'll call at a bad time. I guess I just need to break down and do it. Have a great week! I love reading about your experiences!
Thank you so much for your blog!!
Post a Comment