videos worth watching


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday, Oct 11, 2008

Elder Whiting is taking a shower right now and I have just finished preparing a talk for Sacrament Meeting tomorrow. Whew!!! I'm happy that I finally have it down on paper and know what Heavenly Father wants me to do. Elder Whiting pretty much has put his together too, but he wings it a long where as I am more insecure, but I will grow as the spirit works with me.

This morning Elder Whiting and I, Sister Whiting, went over and vacuumed and cleaned and mopped the church. It is such a nice feeling to see it all clean again and know that you have prepared it for Heavenly Father. We found a lot of little Beetles on the carpet that some how work their way through the doors when we are not there. They are kind of gross. We vacuumed the chapel together and then I finished vacuuming and Elder Whiting did the front windows and mopped the floors in the entryways and the bathrooms. Oh my it is clean!

Alisha Stamper and RD stopped in earlier. They needed help in getting things in their truck tied down and just stopped to say, good-bye. Actually they will be back next week-end to clean their apartment and get the rest of their stuff. We had a good chat with them and exchanged telephone numbers so we can keep in touch. They are planning on getting married next week by the Justice of the peace. We told them next week-end when they come, we will celebrate with cookies and Ice Cream!! Actually the bigger thing is that we told them we want to go to the Temple with them in a year before we leave our mission. They said, Okay!

Thursday we taught Bob Cornell. The commandments were the topic and we went in to greater depth with them than before. Elder Whiting also read them part of an article from the Ensign talking about when a convert is ready to be baptized. One of the things it pointed out was that when we are baptized, we often look at it as a graduation diploma from a University when in reality it is a letter of admission. I think Bob enjoyed the whole thing, but he took it seriously. We were planning for his interviews with the District leader on Sunday, but Bob is leaving part way through Church, so we will have to have them do it in Dallas or next week some time.

Bob also needed Elder Whiting's help with a porch he is building. He doesn't know a lot about it so Elder Whiting spent about half an hour explaining what they needed to do. We do enjoy them very much. It is difficult to imagine that at one time Bob was a heavy smoker and drinker. He has made such a turn around.

During the day on Friday we spent the day reading the scriptures and preparing our thoughts and minds for the rest of the week. We kind of relaxed a little but kept busy all day. The weather here has been so very nice. Just perfect. Not too hot, but warm enough that we don't need jackets.

Tomorrow is Sunday, in addition to talking in church we have Missionary Committee Meeting, teaching the two 8 year old girls separately about Baptism, Interviews for the two girls, and Kevin is coming!!! Yippee!!! We love it when our family comes. We only wish he was arriving earlier and we could enjoy introducing him to the Branch members.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaay!!! I am so excited that Kevin is coming to visit you! It will be just like Christmas!
Mom - here is that blogsite I was telling you about:
www.everydayfoodstorage.blogspot.com
Check it out - it's pretty neat! It sounds like you two are doing wonderful. I hope your talks in church went well.
Love you guys!! Love, Wendy

just a random genius said...

So how did your talks go? I'm sure they were fabulous. Your ward/branch is so lucky to have such wonderful missionaries! But maybe I'm biased. Hope you have a joyful time with Kevin! (My mission president told us we weren't supposed to have fun, we were supposed to have joy. So have a joyful time!)