videos worth watching


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wed. Oct 1, 2008

Wednesday night and all is well. We just got home from being at the Branch building with many of the members. They have mutual, activity day, and Bishopric meeting all the same night. I went with Elder Whiting tonight so that he could put some people to rest , (on the computer,) that had died in the last six months. I also was able to teach Kylie Bottom a lesson on Baptism. She is very quick and smart and very ready.

Yesterday was District meeting and Elder Whiting and I drove to the mission office and dropped off some appreciation chocolates from the chocolate factory to Sister Wooley for coming down on Monday night. We also left a box in the office to be shared. In addition we were able to haul off some new church magazines that they didn't need for our members and investigators. We made a great haul!

We arrived at the district meeting just on time. The missionaries car was there, but no missionaries. The church was open, but no missionaries. The room was set up, but no missionaries. I sat down and began playing the hymns on the piano, hoping that the missionaries would hear it and come. But, no missionaries! The Chamberlains came and wanted to know where the missionaries were, we didn't know! Finally after a few minutes the missionaries came. They didn't tell us where they had been, but we were happy to see them. We shared more chocolates, had a talk and a spiritual thought and talked about our investigators and our spiritual high for the week. We sang another song and had prayer. Oh, yes, we did have some training also. It was a good meeting and the spirit was there. Afterwards we all went to Subway together and left for Corsicana.

Dad and I stopped on the way home at the Pecan Factory. They have good, healthy nuts and we got a few of them. I like their mixed nuts, but they didn't have any so we got some other kinds. They have lots of pecan trees down here.

Today Elder Whiting and I drove all over creation and gave people a note reminder of conference this weekend, that we made, along with a church magazine or two from the office. We were able to see and talk to a lot of people. We hope they will all take the time to read and enjoy them. We also hope they will take the time to enjoy conference.

Tonight at the church I was sitting in the entry talking with Sister Wathan and Sister Bottoms. They started asking me questions about the church. They didn't understand why we had baptism for the Dead. If someone had lived a good life, wasn't that good enough that they could be in God's presence. It was such a great opportunity to teach them about having the proper authority from God; otherwise we could be baptized by the milkman or anyone. That is why we have the the true church, because it is God's church!! It was fun to let the spirit teach them. There were other things said, but that was the whole of the conversation.

Wendy Wathan was upset tonight because her parents had returned from California and were fighting all day. They came home and were packing up their things and moving back to California and then splitting up their marriage. Wendy was upset also because she does not want to go back to California, she wants to stay here. She lives with them and doesn't have a job. This family is all about drama!!!! We will pray for them.

3 comments:

just a random genius said...

I'm confused. Are these active members of the church who don't know why we have baptism for the dead? If so, oh dear! Maybe you should tell the branch president it's time to go back to the basics.

grandma w. said...

Amen, Laura!!!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I thought I was baptized by the milkman. Didn't we go out for ice cream afterwards? Ha! JK!