This is just an addendum to what I have already written. We met with the Korenke family tonight. She is a member and he is not. They have a five year old little girl. We had a really good visit. She is very active, young women's President. He has a lot of prejudice towards the Mormon Church. He was raised in Idaho Falls/Pocatello with a lot of Mormons who would not let their kids play with him because he was not a Mormon.
It was really sad because she wants him so badly to be a Mormon and be in the church with her. He holds a very solid line there and says he wants nothing to do with it. She comes on very strong and he resents that especially in front of people. I think he wants to have peace and just does not know what to do. We had a wonderful visit with them. They are wonderful people. But the conflict seems to be with the baggage they have brought with them from their own homes and cannot find peace together. He is a Red/Blue personality and she is more like a real yellow. He is looking for sincerity and she wants to look good and wants to be the perfect Mormon family.
She says no more children unless he joins the church. She says she does not want to put them through this. But their marriage and family life would thrive with more children and he would probably soften towards the church as the children participated.
We had prayer with them and she cried during the prayer before we left. Such a hard situation. It was sad to feel the hardness of his heart. Obviously they are, neither of them, getting what they want from their marriage or family. He loves it in Texas, She wants to go back to Idaho Falls for family support.
We talked to him about the Gospel just a little. He does not want anything to do with it. They both feel so misunderstood. They have to be open enough to hear things before you can say too much. I asked him if he felt their was the slightest chance that the Book of Mormon could be true. He said, absolutely not because he had read parts of it.
ELder Whiting made a point on the way home. He said he thought he knew that the Book of Mormon was true and was probably afraid that it was. Anyway we are committed to finding a good home teacher for the that could be a friend to him. That would be very good.
artistic smiles dentistry appleton
-
Artistic Smiles Dentistry 3825 East Calumet Street Suite 600. Artistic
Smiles Dentistry Dentist OfficeIn Appleton WI Within 1640mile 3825 E
Calumet St.
...
3 years ago




3 comments:
That's a frustrating situation. I saw so many part-member families on my mission like this. I'll pray for them. It sounds like they need a miracle.
Wow! Talk about a stand-off. Who will win? Certainly not the children that could come into their home. But, if they are that stubborn with each other, maybe they don't need to bring any more kids into that environment?! As I read your words, I felt the frustrating feeling I get when I feel misunderstood by someone. Why can't they just see what I am trying to say? I agree with Laura, they need a miracle. I will also pray for them. We love you guys!! Keep up the good work!
Love, Wendy
What a hard situation to deal with!
This reminds me of Dr Laura today. There was a Mormon guy who came on wondering what he should do. He lives in Utah and couldn't get "any girl" to date him because he didn't go on a mission (so he says). Dr Laura said "Every Mormon girl there believes that you shouldn't go out with a guy who hasn't gone on a mission? I've never heard that before. Well, why don't you go on a mission?"
He answered by saying that it was too late.
She told him that maybe he should move somewhere else.
He told her that he had just bought a house and didn't want to do that.
Anyway, I guess it reminds me a little bit of your situation because both of them have decided to be the victim. How making that decision can really freeze your life and the blessings that can come to you.
Anywhoo, now I'm really just rambling. Have a great day and remember that we love you!
Jenn
Post a Comment