It has really been a long time since i have written. I think i just get caught up in keeping up with the missionary work and forget to record what we are doing. Things just seem to get better and better as we come to be better acquainted with people.
We have had Curtis and Jen and family here for three days and it was very enjoyable. We just hung around a lot because they were here over Sunday. But yesterday, on Monday, we took them up to Bro. Stratlings to go fishing. They have a fishing "tank" up there that they have stocked and fishing poles for the kids to use. We just caught them and threw them back, but Jen got pictures of each one of the kids with a fish on their line. It was very cute, even Lily was excited that she caught a fish. I think Mackenzine caught five fish! Macy and patton were not as interested and patient as the rest of the kids, but they also used Brother Stradlings four wheeler to ride around and play on. They were so kind to share with us.
This morning they all left. It was a fast and furious vacation, but we loved seeing them again and filled them much too full of sugar, I'm sure. I baked a little before they came and just enjoyed all of the time we had. Last night Curtis cooked a mexican meal for us all. It looked and smelled so yummy!
Oh yes, on Sunday we took Macy and Mackenzie with us as we taught two of the lessons to investigators. I think they enjoyed being a part of it. I know it was enjoyable for us to include them.
This morning we left early to go and visit Cef. He had lost some ground since we taught him. Darn it!! He is seesawing a lot. But by the time we finished he was more agreeable. He earlier told us that he just was not sure that he believed in God, let alone the Bible. We have traveled that ground before with him, so we knew he was feeling some depressions about his situation without a job. We just kind of ignored it and talked about a few other principles. By the time we finished, he was not so negative.
As we walked out, he wanted to show Brother Whiting a few things so we walked out to his barn. Then as we left, we asked him when he wanted to go to the church and see things there. He said he had nothing going, so we took him to the church. As we walked through we pointed out the pictures of Christ and told him what was going on. he was intrigued with the pictures. The feeling of being in church again, really must have felt good to him. As he was getting ready to leave, I said to him, "now that you've seen it, wouldn't you like to come and go to church with us again? "
His reply was, "yes, I think I would." That was such a change from what it was telling us earlier. We have invited he and his wife over to make bread on Saturday, so we will talk to them more at that time.
We also visited Tammi Eilers today. She is doing wonderful. Eight days without smoking and she is feeling wonderful. She just cannot say enough positive things about her experience. She is so thrilled. Now she can enjoy the Gospel completely. We gave her a lesson on what it means to endure to the end.
We also met with Christie Poling. It looks like she will be able to be married and baptized by April sometime. I think they have figured a few things out and she is excited about it. Unfotunately they were turned into CPS for child neglect. They had a babysitter who let the 2 year old and one year out of the house without clothes on and they ran out of the house. The people across the street called the police. Christy is pretty upset about it.
We are going to see Dalisa tonight. She is a member who the ward members have not been able to get into. We were going to take them over after we got the appointment. But they were busy tonight. We will take the ward missionaries with us instead. Dalisa has been a member for about a year.
We also visited the Franklins on Saturday and taught them. They are loving what they are hearing and have been coming to church. Bro. Franklin came to church on his own last Sunday because his wife could not come. It was so wonderful. He went to Priesthood meeting and Sunday School for the first time and loved it all. He just cannot say enough positive things about the church. That is fun.
Christy, Tammy Eilers and her non-member husband, Boyd Frankling, Johnny and Joha, and Monica were all to church on Sunday. Maybe some others too, can't remember.
we taught Johnny and Juho, teen age boys on Sunday evening. They committed to be baptized when they came to know that the Gospel was true. We are just having wonderful experiences and are so grateful for the opportunity to do the Lord's work. Those boys are just great young men. one of them is already talking about going on a mission.
Of course, Monica already has a baptism date on April 11. She is very ready and is just waiting for the date to come. We taught her on Sunday with Macy and Mackenzie. We taught her about the Priesthood because her father was there and he need to hear it also. We think he is going to baptize her if all works out.
We haven't been able to teach the Stacks this week as they have been out of town. We are really trying to get in and visit them this week. We also are looking forward to teaching Eric for the first time tomorrow.
artistic smiles dentistry appleton
-
Artistic Smiles Dentistry 3825 East Calumet Street Suite 600. Artistic
Smiles Dentistry Dentist OfficeIn Appleton WI Within 1640mile 3825 E
Calumet St.
...
3 years ago




5 comments:
ALyson, I love the music on here. It really touches my spirit. Thanks. Hope you're feeling better too. I love you. Mom
Hey, isn't that kind of backward, leaving messages for others on your OWN blog? :P I just wanted to say that it sounds like you are touching a lot of people's lives, and really doing a great job of loving those around you. You are both great examples to me. I love you!
IT sounds like things are really moving along! It's wonderful to see the work progress and your part in it. I love you!
I love to read about all your neat experiences. I can't imagine having all of those spiritual experiences each day as you teach others the gospel. What an awesome thing to be a missionary! I can't wait!! Love you guys!!
P.S. - love the new music!
Wendy
I like the new music also. I am so pleased for all of the lives that you are touching in such a positive way. What a blessing!
Post a Comment