Today is Bretts Birthday!! Happy Birthday to Brett! We have had a very busy day today and came home very tired. Elder Whiting fell asleep immediately, but sometimes when I am tired, it takes me a while to wind down. I guess I just keep to pumped!!
Anyway today was a great day. After we got home tonight, and we were very tired, Leon made the comment, "But what would we rather be doing than this missionary work?" Or it was something to that effect. We both agreed that we would rather be doing this and be tired than something else right now. We get such excitement and fulfillment from doing this work.
District meeting was in Oklahoma today. We went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant and then went to the ward for our meeting. I gave a spiritual thought on Trusting the Lord. I enjoyed doing it for the first time. It was not a big deal. I told how I had learned to trust that the Lord would always be there for us and how he could make up the difference. I told our experience with helping Tammi quit her smoking and how we prayed for her in every prayer. She has had no desire for a cigarette since she quit. I know that is because of her faith and also because of ours as we continued to pray for her.
The zone leaders talked to us about incorporating new ideas into our teaching and not getting stuck in a rut. We sang Elder Cragun's favorite song, "Hark All Ye Nations" too. Elder Cragun is our awesome zone leader. He loves missionary work.
Later this afternoon we met with Erick again. We taught him the third discussion on Faith, Repentance, baptism and the Holy Ghost. He had some really good questions and has accepted our challenges as we have gone ahead. He is not quite ready for the baptism challenge. We need to teach him about the Word of Wisdom as he has a pretty big tobacco habit we think because the house is so filled with tobacco smoke. We will give him that lesson next week. Eric has seemed to be very sincere and eager in all that we have taught him. He has read all of First Nephi and understands it well. He seems very excited about the Book of Mormon. Things have gone very smoothly with him so far. He thanked us profusely today for coming and teaching him, and also committed to watching part of conference.
Tonight we went to both Wards correlation meeting. It was a busy time. I also stopped and went to Seminary for a few minutes. Bro Stradling in the Sherman Second ward was ill, so Bro. Whiting took charge of our meeting; that was fun cause we got to make our own agenda. :)
Tomorrow we are teaching Cef, The Franklins, Taking the Youth up to the Stacks, and then teaching Johnny, Juho and Donny tomorrow night. Donny has now joined the other two boys in being taught. We told the Sisters they could teach them, but Donny really wanted to be with the other boys. So we inheirited him back. Actually we really liked teaching him the very best. He was very open and receptive and could end up leading the way for them. All three of them came to Seminary again tonight.
I am tired tonight, I can tell all of my thoughts are very logical. When I am tired, it is difficult to think of how I feel about things. So-o-o-o-o-o-o Good night!
artistic smiles dentistry appleton
-
Artistic Smiles Dentistry 3825 East Calumet Street Suite 600. Artistic
Smiles Dentistry Dentist OfficeIn Appleton WI Within 1640mile 3825 E
Calumet St.
...
3 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment