videos worth watching


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Marina

Wow, tonight was such a great night!!! I have been dreading this day all week. Well, every since I talked to Marina's mother and found out that she was not worthy to be baptized. She has been sleeping with a guy. I was just sick when I found out

This morning I woke up and the spirit just started working with me. I started writing down the things that I was given, and wrote all the way to our stake meeting in Gilmer. The spirit pretty well told me what to say and how to handle it.

But our appointment tonight was not until 6 p.m. Time had lapsed and I could not remember all the the things that I had written down and what they meant. So I knelt and prayed and the spirit helped me to remember and accompanied us to our visit.

It was a difficult visit, but the spirit was strong and we knew what we had to do. Satan did his share to stir the kids up so that it was difficult to visit. But we found the time and followed the outline that had been given to me. Marina committed to wanting to be clean and baptized. She was really crying when we left. We made promises to her of what her life would be like if she would keep her commitments to Heavenly Father. She made a promise to us that she would. She also said, "I guess I'll find out now, if he really cares or not!!

Wow, that girl has so much faith. I talked to her very honestly and explained how we do not participate in that before marriage. She has such a desire to please her Father in Heaven. I love her for her sincerity and honesty. I hope we can baptize her before we leave.

After we had the closing prayer, I explained to her that we would be going back to Idaho in two weeks. I also explained that I thought Maricella Carpenter would be a wonderful friend to her. Maricella has been teaching Anthony the Gospel and preparing him for baptism.

No comments: