Last night we went to see Bro Merrill who used to be Branch President in this Branch. That was about the worst experience we have had so far. When we got there he invited us in, very politely but coldly. It didn't get any better from there. He gave us a tour of his back yard, plants, etc. and we visited a little. He was very cold and removed from the conversation. Obviously he has nothing to say to us. He did tell us that he had made a conscious decision not to go back to church and didn 't want to explain to every set of missionaries who came through here!! We actually didn't ask him, we just told him we missed him at church.
We had heard that he played the piano very well so we ask him if he would play a number for us and he did. He is very accomplished. I was so happy to get out of his house. Leon and I talked about it and we were both horrified!! He was so cold and distant. We think it was probably an unresolved sin or something from his divorce. But it is none of our business. We just feel sad for him. He is certainly paying a price for this in his life and in the life of his family. His one son does not attend church either in Austin, he said. We were both traumatized over the experience.
Today we went to District meeting in Duncanville near Dallas. The zone leaders were there and taught us and after we went out for some food which we always do. It is fun to be with the missionaries. They are funny kids. Two of them are going home next week. Then we drove home and worked on some projects we are doing.
Tonight I kind of worked on my Relief Society Lesson for Sunday. It is on obedience and I felt impressed to involve as many of the less actives and converts that I can. So I am kind of assigning them different parts of the lesson so they can be a part of things. I hope they all come. If they do it will double the size of Relief Society! Tomorrow night we are going up to the Z's for dinner on the lake and then back for meetings tomorrow night. The Zimmermans are the ward mission leaders and we need to work out some details with them about missionary work in this ward.
artistic smiles dentistry appleton
-
Artistic Smiles Dentistry 3825 East Calumet Street Suite 600. Artistic
Smiles Dentistry Dentist OfficeIn Appleton WI Within 1640mile 3825 E
Calumet St.
...
3 years ago




2 comments:
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience! I would have felt exactly the same way. I wonder if he is related to our family??? Maybe a question to ask? Anyway, I hope you have a better day today!!
I love you guys!
WENDY(not Jeff)
It definitely makes you wonder what he is like as a doctor? Hmmm..
Hope you guys have a great day! You can overcome whatever negativity that comes your way. :) Keep smiling!
Post a Comment