videos worth watching


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday, July 16

Tonight we were in homes with the most beautiful view anybody could ever imagine. They were both built on the lake about 4 miles apart. Their living rooms/dining rooms were open to their view of the lake and their boat docks. Wow, it was so beautiful. They were both older people who had built their dream home to retire in. I could have just sat there all day long and enjoyed it, except it would too hot in the day time.

The Zimmerman's own the first home and they have lived here almost three years. They built their home and have been working in landscaping it all every since. They have lots of trees they have taken out and beautiful gorgeous Texas greenery they have planted. Their dining room and frontroom looks out on to the green yard with the lake about 50 feet in the distance with their boat and boat dock. They keep jet skis, etc. out there to play with when people come. Sister Z fixed this wonderful pulled pork dinner with potatoes and gravy and rolls and everything. They have this dream kitchen with a great room and fireplace that also overlooks the lake. We were very spoiled. They had invited an older sister in the ward also to dinner, Sister Wyler, and then we got to see her home when we gave her a ride home.

Sister Wyler is Grandma's age and is amazing. She seems to be very healthy and very alert to things around her. Her only problem is that she doesn't hear well in the evening, she said. She invited us in to see her home too. It was built with rock and was two stories. The master bedroom being on the top floor. The bottom floor had all of the living space for Sister Wyler with her own bath and sitting room which also overlooks the lake. She has one of those walk in bath tubs and has many comforts.

Out on the patio they have a built in screen room where they can eat, with a built in barbeque and ceiling fan and covered patio. It is huge and comfortable. What nice people they all were. We are really enjoying them all. I do have to say, I am happy that they can have all of these beautiful homes. I am also happy that I don't have to take care of it. But it sure is beautiful.

Dad spent the morning doing paper work for the ward mission President. I wrote an e mail that he dictated and then just finished up stuff here and there. It was a slow moroning, but it was stuff that needed to be done.

Later tonight we stopped at the church and visited with the Bishopric for a short time about the people we have been working with. We feel good about the things we are doing. We Z's told us tonight they would be happy to spend a day visiting members of the branch at the same time we are. So maybe next week we will make some appointments and both of us do that at the same time. It would be very good for this branch.

Missionary work is some fun stuff!! Leon and I are enjoying working with the spirit and doing our best to spread it around.

I sure love it when people comment on this blog.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

It is fun to be able to appreciate the finer things in life. And do some thinking on your own life, huh? Such as: Would I want something similar at my home? Is this too big for me or would I want something even bigger? :) Or if I had a home this size, I would think about a maid! :)

All in all, it just makes you appreciate what you have.

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

I'm sorry you had such a slow moroning. Is that some kind of slang in Texas that means you were a little bored, and felt a little moronic when you were done with your tasks? :) Just kidding. I am very impressed with how much love you offer to all the families you meet. I'm also impressed with how many families you meet with! By the way, Reed's parents asked about you. And I have a question. Isn't Doug Maxson's reception this weekend and did you receive an invitation?

just a random genius said...

Mom and Dad, it sounds like you had a great day. Did you take any pictures of the view of the lake? I want to enjoy it along with you two.

And Areesa, you should answer your phone once in a while. I think I've called you 27 times this evening.

Keep up the good work!

grandma w. said...

Alysa, yes, we did get an invitation to their wedding reception. I'm not sure when it us, but i sent them a check and a card about a week ago. We are thrilled to find Doug moving on with his life with such a nice girl. Thanks Everyone for your comments. I love you. Mom