videos worth watching


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Aug 27, 2008

This being my first full day since I have been back to Corsicana and able to work, has turned out as a productive day. We have enjoyed it. This morning we met with Nina Fowler and gave her most of the lesson on the plan of Salvation. We just got into the three degrees of glory when her sister came and we just gave her I Corinthians to think about where it mentions the three degrees of Glory. I need to call her back in the morning and set another appointment, hopefully for this week.

We stopped to See Adrianna and her work said that she was not working there any more. Stopping by to see her mother, she told us that she was at school. I guess that she is taking some classes. But her mother, who we were told was anti-mormon was actually very nice. She told us that she works at Walmart and we told her that we were LDS Missionaries. She didn't get a horrible look on her face and slam the door either, so we told her we would be back to see Adrianna. That is good.

Robert Raxter was the last person that we went to see. He lives out in Blooming Grove out in the sticks, in a trailer. It is a beautiful setting but a little junkie. Robert was raised in the church and sealed to his parents. We saw his wife leaving in their car and stopped and talked to her, even though we didn't know her, she was nice enough. She told us Robert had been in a motorcycle wreck last night and probably didn't want to see us. Then she changed her mind and said he had a couple of questions to ask us. She called him on her phone and said since we had come all of this way, we could come over.

Greeted with a bottle of water and told we were going to sit outside to talk, we didn't know what to think. He also had four dogs out there with us too. Robert had lost a lot of flesh on his Leg and his left arm where he had skidded on his Motorcycle because a dog ran out in front of him. He was hobbling around. He proceeded to tell us that he had been raised LDS and it was not good. He also told us that he was saved and mentioned several scriptures in the bible that he used to show us we were wrong. The funny thing was that we just let him talk and nodded our heads. There was nothing for him to refute!!

That he doesn't believe in Baptism for the dead, was one of his main contentions; either we are baptized here upon the earth, or else, there is no hope. No second chances!! He also told us the Trinity were three in one like: " I am me, I am one; My mother who just called is one; my dog is one. We are one, We are the same." We just nodded our heads, but I wanted to ask, "Now how does that work? Does that make sense to you? But I just kept quiet because he wanted us to argue with him. His voice was very domineering.

The last thing he said was, " let me ask you a question? Are you going to Heaven or Hell? or Where do you want to go, to Heaven or Hell?"Elder Whiting said "I'm going to Heaven!" I wanted to say, "Well, you know, I really want to go to Hell," but I didn't. He was trying to tell us that we needed to be saved. We just thanked him for his time and told him we cared about him. He told us he cared about us too and we left. Actually we shared a few laughs after we got into the car because some of the things her said were so ridiculous. But we knew we would accomplish nothing by arguing with him. Elder Whiting said, "Well, you have just seen Korihor." It is kind of a shuddering feeling to think about it. But now we recorded everything on the missionary roster and they don't have to keep bugging him and using their gas.

1 comment:

princesshaibell said...

you guys are doing such awesome work. Keep it up.