videos worth watching


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, February 23, 2009

I had a really great day today and thought that I would write about it while it is fresh in my mind. We attended both three hour blocks, a baptism, and taught a lesson to Monica tonight.

Today was fast and testimony meeting and that was nice. Elder Whiting has been trying to get the flu, so he wasn't feeling very well, but he went anyway. I was able to bear my testimony in the first ward, but not the second. I told about Cef Cristy and the changes that we have seen in him since we started, and how Christ will work miracles with us as we do missionary work with him.

After the first ward meeting I spotted two young men who did not look like members. They were with some other members of the ward, one of them a young man their age. We found out later they had stayed over night with the young man, and so came to church with them. I visited with them a minute and asked them if they would like to learn more about our church. One of them very enthusiastically said yes, and the other just kind of nodded. We made an appointment to teach them this week at the home where they had stayed. One of them I recognized from Seminary. This young man had also brought him to seminary. I was excited about that.

I also met a woman in church who was on oxygen and obviously had some health problems. I had not seen her before but found out she was inactive. So I made an appointment to visit her this week. She said that she had not been attending. I did not find out the reason.

The eight year old that was baptized was from a part member family. His dad was not a member. But the spirit was very strong and bore witness to the truth of the Gospel. So I stopped to talk to the father after the baptism. I asked him if he would like to be the one to baptize their next child to be baptized, (they have five children.) He looked at and said, "Yes!" I told him that we could meet with him and explain to him how he could do that. He said he would like that. So we also have an appointment with him.

These were unusual experiences that we don't have every day, but felt that we were very blessed to have those experiences today. I wanted to record those before I forgot.

1 comment:

princesshaibell said...

mom what a great thing to do to ask that father if he wanted to baptize the next one!! just awesome!!