videos worth watching


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday, Later

Elder Whiting and I just got back from our appointment, so I will write about it. We went up to Pottsboro because a sister in the ward wanted us to convert her husband!!!!! He canceled out on us once and said no!! We were very leery about the whole thing because she has been so pushy with him.

When we got there, I felt a very uneasy feeling of tenseness from them. We sat at the table and she basically told him to come and sit "for a minute." After five minutes or so we ask if we could have prayer, which we did. We visited a little and then we ask Mike if he would mind if we taught him a little bit about his wife's beliefs so he could understand them better, which he agreed to.

We, very carefully, gave him the first discussion and then read a couple paragraphs of the Intro to the Book of Mormon. He committed to reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. The Spirit was very strong as we taught and the feeling of tenseness eventually left. His wife, Dalores, just kept pushing him and telling him how he felt. She was way pushy with him!!! He was a really nice guy and she needs to not badger him so he can be free to decide for himself. We felt a connection with him and really liked him. He is close to our age and is employed at the hospital and gives heart echocardiograms, really a nice guy. We were grateful that the spirit was strong and Heavenly Father helped us out a lot.

I was going to finish telling about my Mom's funeral experience. At the luncheon after the funeral we were able to do a lot of visiting and that was really pleasant. We heard they were going to have a get together out at Dee's house. But we didn't hear any more about it. Maybe it was just for the "guys". That's fine with us. We just wanted to see our family that hadn't left.

The Ferrell siblings met and talked about the estate. Things were just explained to us and nothing really happened. I think it would be nice if we could have something of meaning for each of our children as a remembrance of them. Dee took charge and he is not a real warm person so it was kind of rejecting in a way. But that is all right, I know his heart is in the right place. As the oldest child, he needed to take charge. Most of Dad's assetts are in partnership with him anyway.

Megan and Milton waited very patiently for me and took me back to the hotel. Alyson, and children and Laura had just finished packing and were ready to leave. It was hard to say goodbye to everyone after such a short stay, but I would have probably been obnoxious if we had been together longer.

Kevin and Kim took us out to eat at an Hawaiian place which was really good and then we watched Meg's and Milton's Kids and Kevin and Kim's kids swim for a while. It was fun to see them having so much fun together. We were tired, though, and gave up before they did and went to bed.

The next morning Milton, very nicely, took us to the airport at 7 a.m. in the morning. It had snowed a little, but the roads were pretty good.

Today has been a good day, we have taught three lessons and had two fall through. One had a death in the family and the other illness. It is really hard when they don't consider our time to teach the Gospel important. We need to make that a matter of prayer, I guess.

Tomorrow we have several appointments. Saturday is our baptism and I need to prepare a talk on the Holy Ghost. Jeanie is being baptized, like the District Elder said, "She is so ready." Her husband is a member.

3 comments:

just a random genius said...

It was hard for me to say goodbye too! Especially when you guys couldn't get back in the building. I just thought, "We can't go! They can't survive without us!" But look at that. I was wrong! Good luck with your baptism!

Jenn said...

So basically noone is getting anything? (Not that there is anything to "get", but are you going to get any memories at all to keep from G&G? I mean tangible ones?) What was the meeting really about? Just a "there is nothing left and anything that is left is in partnership with Uncle Dee"? I know it's none of my business, I was just curious.

We were so happy that both of you could come to the funeral. It was good to see you.

grandma w. said...

Yes, Jen, there will be memories as Linda goes through things. as far as the estate is concerned, they voted to just leave everything the way it is for now because of the economy. There will eventually be something for us.