Wow, I can hardly keep up with all of the things that are going on. I am tired and just want to crawl in a hole and hide, but I'm secretly afraid I'll miss out on something! This week has been a hard week. On Monday we sacraficed part of our Preparation day to teach Christi and Boyd, also baked, and went to another event in the evening.
Christi was really nice, but rather complacent about the Gospel. She just says that she's not in any hurry. So we are just taking our time. When Boyd felt the truth, he knew he wanted to be baptized and soon! What is interesting is that Boyd was baptized on Saturday, confirmed on Sunday, and was laid off from his job on Tuesday! Christy has not been able to find a job for her, so she is already bummed about that. So now she is down right depressed!! And I mean Grandma Whiting depressed!!
The sisters called us on Tuesday afternoon and told us so that we could go over and try to calm them down. We did go over and took a loaf of bread and Cristie was crying and really upset. Boyd still had the glow of the Holy Ghost with him and was just taking it in his stride. Isn't that interesting that they were able to hold on to the job until he was baptized? Now the Bishop can at least help them until they can get something else coming in, (unemployment or whatever.) Had the baptism been a week later, he might not have been so willing.
Christi was really mad on Tuesday. I think she has been blaming the Lord for her problems. This morning, however, when I talked to her I felt somewhat of a humble countenance from her. I'm hoping she will soften her heart and begin to understand the things of the spirit on a higher plane. She has been a little rigid in her attitude of repentance and change. We have had a difficult time trying to get her to change her language and using the name of the Lord. This morning she seemed appreciative of all the little things. She thought they were deprived before, now she is just hoping for enough to keep their home. It is sad. It makes you want to help them when you have such a close relationship, but that would be a huge mistake as missionaries. Then they become even more dependent upon you.
Yesterday we had a zone conference in Allen. We borrowed the Cooper's Suburban and took all of 8 of the missionaries in our district together. That was fun, although the Elders were squished. They are fun and crazy. I think we have the best district in the mission! Really strong Elders and Sisters. We all work hard and enjoy the challenges we have.
Tomorrow is interviews with the president in McKinney. There will be more training and ideas. Yesterday we talked about creating the need for the lesson that we teach. It was very good. I learned a lot. I feel so good about all of the things I have learned. I really feel grateful that we could come and learn, and teach so many people. It is hard, but a good, hard!! I had so much to learn.
Elder Cragun and his companion liked the idea of a potluck that we had last week in the Second ward, so they are putting one together for the First Ward on Saturday. We are all inviting people and they are having it in a park. I am not sure how the Mexicans and the Others will mix, many of them do not speak English/Spanish. So it will be interesting!! I'm sure we will have all kinds of food. One of the members of the High Counsel from this ward is Mexican and so is his wife. They always translate the services for the Spanish people. Anyway, they are such a link to the people and very much the key to success for them. They are way supportive and would anything for any of us.
artistic smiles dentistry appleton
-
Artistic Smiles Dentistry 3825 East Calumet Street Suite 600. Artistic
Smiles Dentistry Dentist OfficeIn Appleton WI Within 1640mile 3825 E
Calumet St.
...
3 years ago




1 comment:
The Lord does work in mysterious ways, doesn't He?! Sounds like you are staying busier than ever. :) Love you!
Post a Comment